Chapters

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mabon


Mabon was spent hanging out in Virginia with some folks at a "Fairy Festival". In order to blend in a bit more, I dug out the old ears. Only to find that few people out there were wearing them. There were plenty of wings though, and I did get compliments on the ears, so all in all I count it as a win. 

I admit, I was surprised I managed to get the things to stay on all day. I was half asleep when I put them on, and hadn't put them on by myself before. Hopefully I'll get better, and get more confident with practice.

I decided to skip the wings this time round, it was going to be a hot day and I figured the hot glue might melt again and I'd be shedding leaves faster than an Oak in Autumn......We'll see how warm it is when we head down to the Renaissance Faire in a couple of weeks.

I managed to drag the roomie out as well. I have to admit,I was worried he'd be bored since it's  not really his thing. Fortunately, there were some Viking reenactors for him to talk to, he enjoyed that and is even planning on camping with them next year. We'll see how that plays out.


My attempts at making a "Mabon Mask" didn't fare too well. Originally I planned on gluing grape leaves and fake grapes to it, but everything kind of peeled off, so it's back to the drawing board.  I guess some projects you win, some you lose.

Old Man out back is sensing the change of the season. He's been dropping some acorns, and some of the older leaves have started falling off. No change in color yet though; he's the sort that waits far in the season to really shed his leaves. Then they are everywhere.  The makeshift altar I made from flat stones is still there, but will have to wait till he's finished dropping his acorns, else I'll get beaned with a nice fat one dropped from a branch (or possibly targeted by a squirrel!)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment