Chapters

Monday, January 1, 2018

Kraneia Rising

Yule came and went, and my year ended as it had begun, fairly quietly. I spent a very cold afternoon removing the outdoor Christmas lights (that hadn't been on since the day after Christmas) and so now the neighborhood is a bit duller, it sleeps in waiting for the Spring to follow in the Winter's footsteps.

This was taken last year...
but this is how it feels outside at the moment! 
The thinning has continued apace. I have some things gathered for Goodwill, with more to add to the pile, as soon as I can get the energy. I have also bowed off of Facebook, at least for the time being. It will be interesting to see who, if anyone, makes an attempt to email (I put it right up there on a post....) I am still going back and forth on whether to delete the account entirely, or merely let it sleep for a while till I get things straightened out...... and make my triumphant return.

I have noticed other changes, as well. I recently had the opportunity to introduce myself  with my "new" name, and it was almost a startlement to introduce myself as such. But one has to start somewhere.

We can only go up from here.

In the mean time, there is much to do. Time to make a plan, and stick with it. There are photographs that need to be taken, and a story I need to finish, and friend-family I need to find.

I turn 43 in a couple of weeks. Time to get moving.

Aye,
Kraneia (AKA Scratch)




No comments:

Post a Comment