Chapters

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Winter Elf?

It is such a rare thing to see snowfall here, at least in this amount. I sweet talked my room mate into taking some snaps of  me in my ears. Some turned out better than others.

The pines out front were white with bent branches, heavy with snow.  I thought I'd hide under one of them.

I just knew I'd get a pile of snow landing on my head, but it stayed put.

So far we have got at least a couple of inches. It may stick around for a couple of days, as the temps are supposed to be well below freezing tonight. But this weekend should be close to 60... a good time for a walk in the woods.

In the mean time, there is hot cocoa, and tea, and blankets, and the heat is going full blast.


There is something mystic and magical in the snow. It hides shapes, and makes new ones. It muffles the snow, and makes everything look like it's been iced. It's cold despite making a "blanket" on your shoulders. And the icicles that form are like cold daggers or points in time.

It gives you time to think and reflect, and makes you restless for spring, all at once.

Imbolc is fast approaching, and I am ready.

Aye,
Kraneia

No comments:

Post a Comment