Chapters

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Imbolc

Imbolc blew in on the cold winter winds. And appropriately, it rained. The world felt fresh and cleansed, if a bit chilly (It IS February, after all).

Time to get those energies flowing again, towards Light and Warmth. Yesterday I started seeds in their little pods, and hooked up a plant growing light. We'll see who sprouts.

It is if the Maiden is feelings the first stirrings, and is starting to stretch a limb here and there. Oddly, the daffodils have already begun to sprout their strappy green leaves and bright yellow flowers.  they have been early past couple of years. It's almost as if the daffs feel as I do, impatient to get things moving.

My crafttwitchings are moving again, and I have an urge to go collect twigs and glue things together.

An odd occurrence happened a couple of weeks ago. I had gone for a stroll in my favorite park. I go there often, although I had not been there of late due to the weather's not cooperating. I was heading up hill and caught a whiff, just a split second, of a sweet smell. It reminded me of cherry wood. puzzled, I looked about. Perhaps there was a fallen tree, or someone was cutting wood? But I saw nothing out of the ordinary. So I went on my way.

I returned a couple of hours later, only to smell it again. Again, it was but only an instant. This time I stopped and looked around a little more. I backed a few paces and looked in just the right place, and found someone had hung an old horse shoe in the limbs of a small tree growing beside the trail.

Now, if you follow folklore and mythology, you'll remember if the fae like you, they'll sometimes make themselves known, with music, or a smell. They also don't care for iron much--it reminds them of man, and all that humans have brought upon the world.

So my conclusion is that someone, or something, was trying to get my attention--because the horse shoe didn't belong there and needed to be removed. And also, as a sort of present. I was much flattered, and thanked the ones who were listening.

I currently have the horse shoe on my dresser. Do I clean the rust off and remove the old nails? or leave it as is?

Stay tuned.

Aye,
Kraneia

No comments:

Post a Comment